I recently turned 22 and as I look back on the past and compare myself to the old version of me — there are so many thoughts I wish I had known when I was younger. Because of that, I thought of creating a list I wish I would have said to my teenage self.
The 25 things I’d tell my Teenage Self:
- Enjoy life and explore. I never thought that you would lose the interest to live at such a young age. Honey, you are blessed and loved, you must go and enjoy your life.
- Stop over-thinking. Don’t dwell on something that won’t benefit you.
- Love your family and cherish them. They are your best friends.
- Jesus isn’t your religion. Jesus is your Lord and Savior. He can rescue you from your dark past and forgive you. Surrender your life to Him.
- Don’t run away from your family, especially from your mom. She loves you and thinks of you every night.
- Don’t take for granted those people who love you, and stop chasing people who barely even notice your existence.
- Be a good example to your little brother and love him even if he annoys you.
- Stop any wrong relationship. Don’t be unfair to your future husband, he’s praying for you.
- Study well. You will regret neglecting it someday.
- Don’t hate your life and think of losing it before you reach your adulthood. God has plans for your life.
- Don’t be a “whatever listener”.
- Enjoy your age. You are young, stop thinking as if you are a 28-year-old woman
- Love your reflection in the mirror. From now on, that will be your life.
- Love is sacrificial, not just a mere emotion.
- Just write.
- Love your friends. Confide in them. True friends won’t judge you.
- It’s okay to trust people.
- Go to church, honey. Church is not just for holy people, it is home for the lost and broken people.
- You are still beautiful, even though you’re no longer that little princess.
- Enjoy your high school years.
- Don’t be afraid to speak up yourself. Believe in yourself.
- I love you no matter what you have become.
- Don’t fear change. Learn to accept it, it would be your buddy.
- Step out of your comfort zone and step out in faith.
- Chase your dreams.
. . . . . . . . .
How about you, could you relate any of these? 🙂