It feels like it’s been a million years since I’ve been on here to share what I have been thinking about and visit other blogs when it was just a month since the last time I posted a blog. To give you a brief overview, we celebrated my mom’s birthday at home, I was doing good in my workplace, I have been stress eating, procrastinating and introverting. My friends assumed I was busy because I’ve been rejecting their invitations to hang out, but the reality, I’m in the midst of my dry season, and I crave solitude to hydrate myself.
October has been good to me. There were so many things I should be thankful for. But really, the past few weeks have been a difficult time for me as I dealt with some emotional issues and as I considered the direction of my life.
I’m not okay. I feel tired and exhausted both mentally and physically. My heart feels so heavy. I’m sleep deprived. My mind is overloaded. I’m spiritually unhealthy. I’m stressed out about where my life is heading. Going to work is like pulling teeth. And even I’m in a crowd, yes, I’m physically close to them, but cognitively, I am a thousand miles away.
Now, it’s kind of a relief to voice out things I truly feel, after months I’ve kept my mouth zipped tight about my feelings. I always tell myself I’m okay in an attempt to divert unhealthy thoughts and shift my emotional state. I smile and laugh very often, trying my best to veil the truth. I thought it’s just a matter of how you control your state of mind.
But now, I realized that it’s okay not to feel okay sometimes. It’s okay to cry and admit that you’re broken and confused. It’s okay to blog about your emotions without feeling hindered because it’s your place and whoever reads your blog is a human too, so why should you worry?. So long as after you acknowledged your emotions, you will get up and be positive.
So…here I am positive and excited. I welcomed November with a big smile and anticipation that this month is going to be a great and memorable one because it’s my birth month. Yey! I’ll make sure that the remaining 49 days before Christmas will be filled with positivity and adventures.
I want to overcome these emotional issues to enjoy the holiday and create beautiful memories before the year ends. Therefore, I come up with seven healthy resolutions/goals to help myself.
Here are the 10 Healthy Goals.
- Exercise. 20-30 minutes exercise six days a week.
- Eat healthy food and drink more water. No chips. No soda.
- Start the Affirmation Challenge. I will declare positive statements to reprogram my brain.
- Go on a day hike. I will go on a hike to see the majestic beauty of nature and see God.
- Visit beautiful places. I will visit places to refresh my mind.
- Avoid negativity. I will choose to turn away my attention from all the gossips and negatives in the workplace.
- Social Media Fast. Twice a week I will leave my social media alone. I will replace that time with something fulfilling — pray, read or rest.
- Listen to Christian songs more often. I created a Christian playlist. I will avoid listening to secular music.
- Go on a date with my mom.
- Play with the kids. Playing with them is like an escape from the adult world.
* * * * * *
I just bashed this blog post out this morning because I want to update my blog and share with you guys my healthy goals. I hope all of you are doing amazing. Stay positive everyone :*