8 days left before Christmas! Are you guys excited? 😊 Well, I am. Thought it might be worth sharing few things I’ve been reminded by during my busyness for the Christmas season. Before I begin, I have a quick question,
What comes into your mind when you feel the Christmas season? — gifts/presents, money, food, family day, vacation or too many to mention? 😀
Well, frankly speaking, those are what occupy my mind when I’m beginning to feel the Christmas. Especially now that I’m working, it became “too many to articulate”. When I was a kid, I just thought about receiving and the happiness it brings me. Now, I am consumed with thoughts about time and money which I never had problems before. I have to make sure I have filed a leave on Christmas, that I’m free on weekends, and have enough budget for giving, and so many things that keep me busy.
By now you may already be overly busy with shopping, decorating and wrapping gifts. Some of you are happy but consumed by worries and fears. I might not know what’s exactly on your mind this Christmas season, but there’s only one thing I know for sure — Christmas is worth celebrating no matter what our battle is.
Here are few Christmas reminders:
- Christmas is about a child who was born for us. Isaiah 9:6 “For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
- The Christ child wants to fill your heart with real meaning and purpose.
- Focus on the reason for it — Jesus.
- You might not know the actual date that Jesus was born, it’s still worth celebrating.
- Accomplish things with a lasting purpose.
- Christmas is a message of hope and life.
- Christmas is CHRIST’S day, not your day. Don’t focus so much on yourself.
- Do not allow the world to take the truth of Christmas away from you.
- Your biggest gift this Christmas — is Jesus. Romans 6:23 “For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.”
- Don’t worry about what you don’t have. Christmas is about being thankful for what you have.
- Do not allow the selfish materialistic spirit to take over.
- Give love and make someone smile today.
- Christmas is about giving.
- A heart without God is an empty heart.
- Giving is not limited to material things.
I hope this post reminds you to live the true meaning of Christmas. Christmas would be sweeter when you have Jesus as the focus. Let’s celebrate together — give presents to our loved ones, make someone smile today, and enjoy the season together. But let’s not forget to thank God for giving us the greatest gift we do not deserve. Let’s not forget that Christmas is the celebration of our loving Savior Jesus Christ.
Advance Merry Christmas everyone! 🙂
Disclaimer: Photo’s not mine